Tuesday, August 27, 2013

the most beneficial

The two exercises that i find most beneficial are the mindfulness practice and the love and kindness practices.  the mindfulness practice allows us to be more aware of the effects of our actions and the events that they will lead us into in the future.  I have found that it is helpful to think about the direct and indirect consequences of the choices that i make and how they will affect me in the future.  some choices that i made in the past i would have not given a second though to how they will affect me in the future but even the smallest seemingly harmless choices can have consequences that are unforeseen in the future, weather it be the near future or the distant future every action that we take has an effect on the outcome some future event.  the Love and kindness practice has shown me to be more open and giving and to have empathy for others.  when i was a teen my best friend and i used to joke that i had empathy problems, i had a hard time projecting others feelings onto myself this practice has allowed me to take a step back and look at how others feel.  I have always been able to judge how my actions make others feel however connecting with those feelings that others possess was difficult for me now after doing this exercise i am able to look at things with a diferent perspective an see the effects that love and kindness can have on people even if it is just a small gesture such as helping someone you don't know you can effect someones day or even their life and the best way to affect them is with love and kindness because this world is full of  people who care only for themselves it is nice to see that some people still genuinely care for others. 

thanks everyone have an awesome week Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment